So, you’ve heard that keywords in a domain name are not important? Well, what you’ve heard is pure BS… they are VERY important.
If you are wondering why, you can hear it from THE top SEO guru - the man who wrote the book… SEO Book that is, Aaron Wall. Here’s a video Aaron just posted:
Here’s a recap of what he says:
- Many domains (especially .com names) get type in traffic worth thousands of dollars a year
- Keywords as part of the name make it easier to get your keywords in the anchor text
- Exact match domains make people more likely to give you targeted anchor text when they mention your website
- Exact match domains are given an algorithmic relevancy boost in Google
- Exact match domains make it easier to get Google Sitelinks to expand your listing and block out competing sites
- Exact match domains are easier to profit from search engine arbitrage
Get the full story on Aaron’s post about keywords in domain names.